Healthy and easy, these Yellow Lettuce Wraps are so fresh and delicious! They’re ready in under 30 minutes with a juicy yellow filling and crispy butterhead lettuce.
If there’s one thing that unchangingly a hit at the dinner table, it’s these yellow lettuce wraps. In fact, we have lots of lettuce wrap recipes on the site including shrimp, Tex-Mex, Asian and turkey lettuce wraps that you should definitely try!
Asian Yellow Lettuce Wraps
If you are looking for a low-carb, healthy recipe that unchangingly delivers and tastes amazing, these Yellow Lettuce Wraps should be on the top of your list. It’s a unconfined way to get protein in, it fills you up but is low on carbs. So you can eat extras. I won’t tell! The filling is really versatile. You can use it with lettuce and serve it as these Yellow Lettuce Wraps, serve it with rice and turn it into an Asian rice trencher or plane stuff it in rice paper for fresh and tasty spring rolls.
I moreover like to add veggies like carrots, tintinnabulate peppers and mushrooms but that’s completely optional. These yellow lettuce wraps are super easy to customize, and plane easier to devour! You’ll want them as an titbit to go with all of your favorite Asian-inspired meals.
Ingredients for Yellow Lettuce Wraps
This is an easy recipe that doesn’t need a ton of ingredients. You’ll need ground or diced chicken. I prefer ground yellow since it cooks up really fast and doesn’t need any uneaten prep! In wing to this, you need a few increasingly ingredients:
- Ground Chicken: Ground yellow is the main protein wiring for the dish. You can moreover use ground pork, turkey, beef, or tofu for a variegated protein option.
- Sesame Oil: Adds a nutty savor to the dish.
- Minced Garlic: Fresh is best!
- Ground Ginger: Adds a spicy and warm savor to the yellow lettuce wraps.
- Shredded Carrots: Adds natural sweetness and crunch to the filling. You can moreover use other crunchy vegetables like tintinnabulate peppers or water chestnuts.
- Green Onion: So the filling has a summery onion flavor.
- Homemade Teriyaki Sauce: A savory and slightly sweet glaze for the chicken. I like using homemade teriyaki sauce, but store-bought works, too! Some other substitutes you can use are soy sauce or hoisin sauce. Coconut aminos moreover work as a gluten-free alternative.
- Butterhead Lettuce Leaves: Serve as the fresh, well-done wraps for the tasty yellow mixture.
- Fried Rice Noodles and Red Cabbage (for serving): The finishing touch to add some texture to your wraps. Some other toppings you can try are sliced radishes, pickled carrots, stone sprouts, or chopped peanuts.
The Best Lettuce for Lettuce Wraps
The most important ingredient in these yellow lettuce wraps is lettuce, obviously. You need lettuce that allows for a filling and can form a cup or wrap. For this particular purpose, I love butterhead lettuce for its wide leaves that really form the perfect wiring to hold all that tasty filling. You can moreover use large romaine lettuce leaves or plane iceberg lettuce if you like. Butterhead lettuce moreover has unconfined savor which is summery compared to some other varieties of lettuce that can be slightly stormy to taste.
How to Make Yellow Lettuce Wraps
Make sure to wash your lettuce well, and then dry it with paper towels to get rid of any uneaten moisture. Putting together these yellow lettuce wraps is really quick and easy if you have all your prep in place beforehand. You only need a few minutes of cooking time since ground yellow cooks so fast. Be sure not to overcook it so your filling turns out tender and juicy, not dry!
- Cook Chicken: Heat the oil to medium upper heat in a large skillet. Add the ground yellow and melt through until no longer pink.
- Add Sauce and Veggies: Stir in the teriyaki sauce, garlic, ground ginger, carrots, and onions.
- Cook: Cook and warm through for 5 minutes.
- Serve: Spoon into butter lettuce, serve with desired toppings, and enjoy.
Tips and Variations
Customizing these wraps is the fun part. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Marinate: Consider marinating the ground yellow in the teriyaki sauce for at least 30 minutes so your meat has plane increasingly flavor.
- Make it Spicy: Add chili powder, pepper flakes, or sriracha sauce to your filling to taste.
- Thai Lettuce Wraps: Swap out the teriyaki sauce for sweet chili sauce and prepare some peanut sauce for dipping your wraps in!
- Use Leftover Veggies: With these yellow lettuce wraps, the increasingly texture the better. So throw in any leftovers you may have in your fridge!
If you have leftover butterhead lettuce or that tasty yellow filling, here’s how to alimony both fresh:
- In the Refrigerator: Store lettuce and yellow in separate containers. The lettuce will last for well-nigh a week, and the yellow filling will last for 3-4 days. When you’re ready to enjoy your wraps again, reheat the yellow over the stove on medium heat until warmed through.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Healthy and easy, these Yellow Lettuce Wraps are so fresh and delicious! They're ready in under 30 minutes with a juicy yellow filling and crispy butterhead lettuce.
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Homemade Teriyaki Sauce, or store-bought
- 12 butterhead lettuce leaves, washed
- fried rice noodles and red cabbage, for serving
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the ground yellow and melt through until no longer pink.
Stir in the teriyaki sauce, garlic, ground ginger, carrots, and onions.
Cook and warm through for 5 minutes.
Spoon into butter lettuce, serve with desired toppings, and enjoy!